Citizens and city officials from both Corvallis and Gondar have worked jointly to identify mutual goals, which have formed the basis for the Corvallis Sister Cities Association-Gondar’s (CSCA-Gondar) work plan. To date, efforts have focused on the following:
- Access to clean drinking water through drilling of wells.
- Restoration and rehabilitation of Gondar’s watershed area with extensive tree planting.
- Establishment of a revolving loan program in a rural kebele to provide more opportunities for income generation by the residents.
- Development of a culture of readers with partial funding in a 3-year librarian and literacy training program serving 46 schools in Gondar.
- Improvement in children’s learning through usage of classroom materials and professional development of teachers.
- Computer literacy for faculty and students with the creation of a computer classroom, installation of computers, and internet access.
We invite you to learn more about our activities and to become involved with our efforts!