Mission & Goals
Become a Member
Press Releases & News Coverage
History of C-GSCA
Board of Directors & Work Groups
Citizens and city officials from both Corvallis and Gondar have worked jointly to identify mutual goals (primarily on water and education needs) which have formed the basis for C-GSCA’s work plan. To date, efforts have focused on the following:
- Access to clean drinking water through drilling of wells.
- Restoration and rehabilitation of Gondar’s watershed area with extensive tree planting.
- Construction of public toilets and showers for improved sanitation and hygiene.
- Development of a culture of readers with librarian training and furnishing a diverse set of books for the library at our sister school, Tsadiku Yohannes Elementary School.
- Improvement in children’s learning through usage of classroom materials and professional development of teachers.
- Computer literacy for faculty and students with the creation of a computer classroom, installation of computers, and internet access.
We invite you to learn more about our activities and to become involved with our efforts!
Check out our C-GSCA General Brochure