To View exciting information about our newest program please click the link below and also view our recent posts for details on our US Embassy grant award!
Citizens and city officials from both Corvallis and Gondar have worked jointly to identify mutual goals, which have formed the basis for the Corvallis Sister Cities Association-Gondar’s (CSCA-Gondar) work plan. To date, efforts have focused on the following:
- Access to clean drinking water through drilling of wells.
- Restoration and rehabilitation of Gondar’s watershed area with extensive tree planting.
- Establishment of a revolving loan program in a rural kebele to provide more opportunities for income generation by the residents.
- Development of a culture of readers with partial funding in a 3-year librarian and literacy training program serving 46 schools in Gondar.
- Improvement in children’s learning through usage of classroom materials and professional development of teachers.
- Computer literacy for faculty and students with the creation of a computer classroom, installation of computers, and internet access.
We invite you to learn more about our activities and to become involved with our efforts!