What We Do
Education: Impacting Schools and Increasing Literacy and Learning
To achieve the above outcome, we are currently busy in the following activities:
- Creating School to School Exchanges
- Sending “Books for Gondar” to local and rural schools supported with teacher training
- Supporting a Donkey Library to rural areas
- Launching New Projects: Toilets, Playground Equipment, Books for Middle schools
- Past Projects: constructing a kindergarten, adding a computer classroom, conducting teacher trainings, creating educational resource rooms
Water: Supporting Water Resources and Sustainability
Since 2010, constructing wells and developing springs have resulted in 2700 households (an estimated 16,800 individuals) having access to clean water. To sustain this effort, we are now focusing on assessing these working conditions of these wells and springs for long-term sustainability practices.
Latest News and Events
Announcing (Virtual) Ethiopian Cooking Class: Saturday, October 21-----3:00-5:00 pm Learn to Cook an authentic Ethiopian meal from the convenience of your own home Online Registration Deadline: Sunday October 8
Welcome to CSCA-Gondar's "Bottle Drop Give" Fundraiser
Gondar Monthly Council Meeting: Currently held on the 3rd Thursday of each month through a Zoom connection. Time: 6:00 pm -7:30 pm. Members and guests welcomed!
CSCA-Gondar Council’s Newsletters
Keep current with what we are doing both here in Corvallis and in Gondar, our sister city. Recipients of our quarterly newsletters are sent to members and friends who have attended our events.